Security Interview Questions and Answers-Workday
1. user gets an error trying to access an inbox item. What could cause that?
It is possible that you configured a user to perform a step in a business process, but after the process was initiated, someone changed the security policy for that business process. Now the user does not have access permission and cannot respond to the inbox item.
Run the Security Exception Audit report and look for that business process.The appropriate person should reassign the errant step and redefine the process to ensure that only valid security groups are specified.
2. How do I add users to a user-based security group?
To add members to a user-based security group use the Assign User to User-Based Security Group task.
To add a user to more than one user-based security group at a time, use the Assign User-Based Security Groups for Person task.
3. Where can I find out where and how securable items are secured?
To see how a report or a task is secured, run the View Security for Securable Item report.
4. Where can I see all the permissions granted to a security group?
Use the View Security Group report. This report has a Security Permissions tab for the domain security policies and a Business Process Permissions tab for the business process security policies. You navigate to any security policy and see the securable items to which access permission is granted.
5. How can securable items end up with invalid access and how do I fix it?
The Security Exception Audit report identify any problem area. The problem and solution are explained for each exception. Generally, all you have to do is remove the invalid security group from the policy or business process.
For business processes that are already started, reassign the step that is routed to an invalid user,or rescind the process. In either case, be sure to change the business process definition for that organization to specify only valid security groups.
6. What if users cannot see an item to which they should have access?
1. Run the View Security for Securable Item report, specifying the name of the securable item.
2. Select the security policy that controls this securable item.
3. Make a note of the security groups that have permission to access this securable item.
4. Run the View Security Groups for User report and specify the user who should be able to see the securable item.
5. Compare the security groups for the worker with the security groups for the securable item.
6. Determine whether the worker should be added to one of the security groups that has access to this item,
or if a security group the worker is already in should be granted permission to access the item.
7. What if users can access an item to which they should not have access?
1. Run the Security Analysis for Action report, specifying the name of the user and the action. This report shows all the ways in which the user is granted access to the action, even if the action appears in multiple domains.
2. Determine whether a security group needs to be removed from the security policy or the user needs to be removed from a security group.
Python is a dynamic interrupted language which is used in wide varieties of applications. It is very interactive object oriented and high-level programming language.
Tableau is a Software company that caters interactive data visualization products that provide Business Intelligence services. The company’s Head Quarters is in Seattle, USA.
Micro Strategy is one of the few independent and publicly trading Business Intelligence software provider in the market. The firm is operational in 27 Countries around the globe.
Pega Systems Inc. is a Cambridge, Massachusetts based Software Company. It is known for developing software for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Business process Management (BPM).
Workday specialises in providing Human Capital Management, Financial Management and payroll in online domain.It is a major web based ERP software vendor.
Power BI is business analytics service by Microsoft. With Power BI, end users can develop reports and dashboards without depending on IT staff or Database Administrator.