Applications of Big Data
1. Oil and gas companies monitor sensors per asset combined with 4D seismic imagery to drive real-time production operations, maintenance, and reliability programs.
2. Electronic health records, home health monitoring, telehealth, and new medical imaging devices drive data information in a connected health world.
3. An online retailer recommends a book to customer based on its past purchases .This online retaileranalyze preferences and product perception of their consumers their buying pattern.
Big data implementation examples
1. Google used Big Data to enable web-scale searches on massive data in an innovative way, such as estimating earthquake activity around the globe.
2. General Motors used Big Data to support Global Positioning System (GPS) and telemetry data to track driving habits.
Micro Strategy is one of the few independent and publicly trading Business Intelligence software provider in the market. The firm is operational in 27 Countries around the globe.
Pega Systems Inc. is a Cambridge, Massachusetts based Software Company. It is known for developing software for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Business process Management (BPM).
Workday specialises in providing Human Capital Management, Financial Management and payroll in online domain.It is a major web based ERP software vendor.
Power BI is business analytics service by Microsoft. With Power BI, end users can develop reports and dashboards without depending on IT staff or Database Administrator.
SharePoint is a web application that is works with Microsoft Office. SharePoint was initially marketed as Document Management and Storage System.
Amazon Web Services offers an array of cloud computing services that double up as an on demand computing platform. These web services operate from 14 different geographical regions around the globe.