● Prerequisites for the course:
○ Pursuing or completed Degree / Diploma in Computer Science/IT/Networking.
○ Laptop with at least 4GB (free/unoccupied) RAM, 50GB of storage space available and processor better than i3 4th generation.
○ Internet connection over 1 Mbps speed.
○ Clear concepts about TCP/IP, Internet and Computers.
Cyber Security Course Outline:
i. What is hacking?
ii. Difference between ethical and unethical hacking
iii. The grey line of ethics
2. Types of Hackers
i. Black hat
ii. White hat
iii. Grey hat
v. Script kiddies, etc.
3. What is Linux Kali, LAMP and VMWare?
i. Introduction to Linux
ii. Introduction to LAMP Server
iii. Difference between a server and a host
iv. Introduction to hypervisor and VMWare
v. What is Linux Kali and why is it so famous?
4. Understanding and using Linux
i. Installing VMWare
ii. Installing Linux Kali
iii. Familiarizing with Linux
iv. Basics about Linux Kali
5. Understanding Network, IP and Websites
i. Introduction to networking
ii. Private IP and Public IP
iii. Understanding network from IP address
iv. How are websites hosted?
i. What is reconnaissance?
ii. Why is it important?
iii. Ways of performing reconnaissance
i. Network mapping
ii. Types of nmap scans
iii. Difference between scans and their uses
i. Understanding Auxiliary, Exploit and Payload
ii. Using Exploits to hack/ take control over machines
iii. Using post-exploitation modules
9. OSINT (Open-Source Intelligence)
i. What is OSINT?
ii. Why is OSINT used?
10. Reconnaissance Tools
i. Introduction to other recon tools
11. All about bWAPP and DVWA
i. What are deliberately vulnerable web apps?
ii. What is bWAPP and DVWA
iii. Use of vulnerable web apps
12. SQLI (Manual & Automated)
i. What is SQLI?
ii. Manual SQLI
iii. Automatic SQLI
13. XSS (Manual & Automated)
i. What is XSS?
ii. Manual XSS
iii. Automatic XSS
14. XSRF (Manual & Automated)
i. What is XSRF?
ii. Manual XSRF
iii. Automatic XSRF
15. Directory Traversal
i. Introduction to directory traversal
ii. Use of directory traversal
16. Using Burp Suite and OWASP ZAP
i. What is the use of intercept tools?
ii. Comparing BurpSuite and OWASP ZAP
iii. Using BurpSuite modules
17. Finding tools on GitHub
i. What is GitHub?
ii. Why is open-source community so important?
iii. Contributing to the open-source community
18. Exploring other hacking playgrounds
i. What are hacking playgrounds?
ii. Where to find them
iii. How to use and practice in these hacking playgrounds
1. What is Digital Forensics?
2. What is its use and industrial application?
3. Future Scope in Digital Forensics
4. How to safely clone a HDD?
5. Using manual Digital Forensics techniques to analyze data
6. Using Digital Forensics tools
7. Importance of timeline
8. Recreating evidence and crime scene