You are in right place, If you are looking for Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and answers, get more confidence to crack interview by reading this questions and answers we will update more and more latest questions for you…
1. What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is the world’s #1 CRM - Customer Relationship Management platform. A Customer Relationship Management system that allows businesses to manage business relationship & the data with info associated with them.
[ Related Article - What is Salesforce? ]
2. What is App in Salesforce?
A Salesforce Application is a collection of Tabs that makes it easy for users to access a set of related features in the full Salesforce.com browser app.
3. What is the Difference Between Salesforce.com and Force.com?
Salesforce.com is a CRM - Customer Relationship Management applications developbased on Software as a Service (SaaS). Force.com (PaaS) is a platform that helps inventors and business users to build powerful enterprise applications.
4. What are the Tabs?
A tab helps us in making the views which help the user to see the info at a glance.
5. Explain the data-loader Export and Export all?
Export button is used to export all records of a particular object in the system to a .csv file (excluding records present in Recycle Bin). Whereas in the case of Export All button, all records (including records present in Recycle Bin) for that particular object are exported to a .csv file.
6. What is a profile?
A Profile is a collection of permissions and settings that determines the user’s functional access (apps, tabs, object-level permissions), how information is displayed to the user.
7. What is Role?
In salesforce, roles are defined to upturn the data visibility a particular user has. Record level sharing can be done by:
- Organization-Wide Defaults(OWD)
- Role Hierarchy
- Sharing Rules.
8. What is Sharing Rules?
Sharing Rules in Salesforce makes reflex exceptions to your organization-wide default sharing settings for defines set of users.
9. What is the difference between a Role and Profile?
Roles are one of the ways you can control access to records and Profiles regulate what the User can do, view or edit on that record.
10. The number of standard profiles available in Salesforce.com?
There are six Salesforce standard user profiles in Salesforce. Usual Profiles which mostly used are:
- System Administrator
- Standard User
- Read Only
- Solution Manager
- Marketing User
- Contract Manager
11. What is Page Arrangement and Record Types in Salesforce?
Record types allow you to associate different business procedures to define different sets of picklist values based on their user profile.
12. What are Organization-Wide Defaults?
Organization-Wide Defaults, or OWDs, are the baseline security you for your Salesforce instance.
13. What is Role Hierarchy?
Like to an org chart, a role hierarchy denotes a level of data access that a user or group of user’s needs.
14. What are the different types of Correlation in Salesforce?
Salesforce offers the following types of interactions that can be established among objects:
- Master-detail relationship.
- Lookup relationship.
- External lookup relationship.
- Indirect lookup relationship.
- Many-to-many relationship (junction object)
- Hierarchical relationship.
15. What is Field-Level Security?
Field Level Refuge in Salesforce gives permissions at object level to restrict user’s access to views and edit some fields on an object.
16. Describe the different Salesforce Data management tools?
- Data Import Wizard.
- Data Loader
17. What is the Data Import Wizard?
Using “Data Import Wizard”, we can Load up to 50,000 records at a time. It supports .csv file. It supports for Accounts and Contacts, Leads, Solutions & Campaign Members Standard Object and Custom Object.
18. What is Data Loader?
Data Loader is a tool or Application used for salesforce to import and export unpackaged data.
19. What is the differentiate the Standard Profile & Custom Profile?
Usual profiles are included with Salesforce that is not fully customizable whereas the Predictable Profile is created by the Administrator and fully customizable.
20. What are the Reports?
Reports is a set of records displayed in the form of rows and columns.Reports data can be filtered, grouped and displayed graphically as a chart. Reports are stored in Folder – which controls who has access.
21. What is Cross Object Formula field?
- Cross-Object Method field displays one object record in other related entity by referencing
- Merge fields on those objects. Cross-object formulas also work with Lookup relationships.
22. What are the different Report Formats?
Tabular Reports, Summary Reports, Matrix Reports, Joined Reports.
23. What is Formula field in Salesforce?
Formula Field is a read-only field that derives its values for the formula Expressionyou define. We cannot Edit Formula Field.
24. What are the Tabular Reports?
It is the simplest and fastest report formats. It displays the rows as records and fields are listed as columns just like a spreadsheet. It supports sorting of records.
25. What is Summary Reports?
This report allows the user to group rows of data, summarize the field value which also supports sorting and display subtotals.